Some Hand-made Illustrations

Here is a sneak peek into what's to come in the next few days. I have been attempting to document some of my favourite stuff, and due to the size of the scanner, have resorted to photography. But here are some things which I managed to scan.



This was made using color pencils on paper. I generally avoid vehicles, but wanted to add somre variety, so gave it a shot. This was done before coming to NID, while preparing my portfolio.




This is a Painting by William Turner, being illustrated in Seurat's Pointilism Style. Basically, application of paint in the form of 'dots' (yep! patience...) - and the principles of colour interaction give the final look of the painting. This was done as a part of our illustration course taken by Priyankar Gupta, an alumnus of NID, visiting faculty and a professional freelancer in Mumbai. You can check out his work here : http://priyankargupta.blogspot.in/








Well, not much to say - I was awestruck the first time I saw this painting, and tried a study out myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment